419 Bermuda Grass
If ever you would want to fall asleep amidst a field of green, you would choose a field of 419 Bermuda to lie upon. This grass is a high class cushy hybrid. It is lush and pliable, soft and giving. It is a turf that grows low and spreads quickly – and is emerging as a selection for sports fields as well as residential and commercial applications.
Here’s the down-low regarding this “comfort” grass:
- It does not have it made in the shade. This is not an ideal grass selection for shady areas; instead, plant it where full sun coverage is optimal.
- Heat, heat and more heat is its perfect growing condition. It actually stops growing when temperatures dip below 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A drought doesn’t mean certain death. Though 419 would appreciate some water once in a while, it can withstand small amounts of time without it. Once a week, an inch or half an inch of water will do the job just fine.
- If you do not control the weed population, they will take over your beautiful lawn. This is a mainstay for most grasses and it’s definitely true with 419. Keep an eye on the weeds. Use herbicides when necessary.
- Fertilize in April and September. For a more consistent deep green color, add nitrogen to the mix in the early summer months. And to make sure this is done correctly, ask your lawn maintenance provider if he/she understands the upkeep necessary for this type of grass.
Contact Tom’s Sod Service today at (727) 571-1119 for speedy delivery and installation of quality turf.